[LIMITED SPOTS] Want To Uncover Your True Potential and Achieve Financial Freedom? We invite you to join a FREE Masterclass with award-winning business leader, Eric Siu, where he shares his 5-Step Blueprint to Starting Your Dream Online Business That Gives You Freedom & Fulfillment.
Click Here To Reserve Your Spot Now.
In Episode #276, Eric and Neil talk about finding relevant guests for your podcast—who you should be asking depending on your niche and why it’s important to set a guest criteria.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Find Relevant Guests for Your Podcast
- 00:34 – Eric’s Growth Everywhere podcast is an interview podcast
- 00:44 – Eric started Growth Everywhere to talk to people that understood marketing
- 00:52 – There was no other interview podcast before
- 00:57 – Eris reached out to people who knew marketing
- 00:59 – Eric reached out to Neil Patel and Pat Flynn
- 01:11 – Eric reached out through email and got his top 10 interviewees
- 01:17 – Eric’s criteria in looking for interviewee
- 01:30 – If Eric doesn’t have criteria, “anyone” can be on the podcast, which isn’t helpful
- 01:53 – People want consistency in a podcast
- 02:03 – To find relevant guest, you need to hand off the process
- 02:38 – Look at the other podcast within your space and hit up their guests
- 03:18 – When the guests are on your show, make sure you ask them to share the podcast and promote it to their audience
- 03:32 – You can use ScheduleOnce and Calendly to schedule your guest
- 03:44 – You can also send your guests sample questions so they’ll be ready
- 03:51 – You can send your guests a one sheeter where they’ll see the technical requirements like good mic, internet, and other stuff
- 04:14 – Eric goes to GrowthHackers and Product Hunt to find whose doing AMAs
- 04:37 – This week’s giveaway is a 1-year subscription to Alexa – an SEO tool that is now owned by Amazon
- 04:55 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 05:01 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 04:53 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- You can take advantage of the other podcasts in your niche and reach out to people whom they’ve interviewed.
- Setting a criteria for your guest will make your podcast organized and consistent.
- Always make the interview a comfortable experience for your guests.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.