Want To Uncover Your True Potential and Achieve Financial Freedom? We invite you to join a free Masterclass with award-winning business leader, Eric Siu, where he shares his 5-Step Blueprint to Starting Your Dream Online Business That Gives You Freedom & Fulfillment. Click Here To Reserve Your Spot Now.
In episode #701, Eric and Neil discuss what happens when you buy links. Tune in to hear why this isn’t the best practice.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Here’s What Happens When You Buy Links
- [00:35] When Eric was first doing SEO, he would peruse black hat forums.
- [00:47] Wicked Fire has a lot of offers for paid tools.
- [01:01] Eric would buy links for sites and his sites would shoot up in the rankings.
- [01:15] He was using cheap content brokers and they would blast a bunch of links, his rankings would increase, but then go back down after a couple days.
- [01:45] Neil tried this with sponsoring an online poker contest.
- [02:05] Sometimes these things work, but more often than not: you get burned.
- [02:27] It’s cheaper and smarter to build your own site with quality content.
- [02:41] Your rankings will maintain when you build your own site.
- [03:26] Always play the long game.
- [03:40] Build an audience.
- [03:50] Investors are burned from buying high-ranking SEO sites.
- [04:00] Sites that are built just to get to the top never last.
- [04:54] Don’t waste your time buying links.
- [05:02] That’s it for today!
- [05:06] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.