Want to learn the secrets of the world's best marketers in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for a free 14 day trial of Marketing School Pro to access exclusive content, actionable advice, and a private community that will make you smarter! Click here to learn more.
In Episode #262, Eric and Neil discuss how to drive traffic with LinkedIn. Tune in to learn how LinkedIn can actually be cheaper, some tactics you can apply to increase your click-through rate, and how you can divert your LinkedIn traffic to your own website.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Drive Traffic with LinkedIn
- 00:41 – Make sure your targeting is tight and your offer is relevant to your target people
- 01:01 – You can possibly get a click-through rate of 1% if the target is right and the offer is good
- 01:07 – These are from the newsfeed ads you see on LinkedIn
- 01:12 – After seeing the 1% click-through rate, switch the advertising to CPM for cheaper clicks
- 01:28 – Eric’s click-through rates have gone up to 2-3%
- 01:39 – You think you can’t make LinkedIn cheap, but you can actually can
- 01:43 – Add everyone who adds you as friend on LinkedIn; the limit is 30K friends
- 01:53 – Take all your contacts from your website, post your blog posts on LinkedIn once a day, using the first paragraph or two—then, add a link to continue reading at the bottom
- 02:05 – That will drive traffic from LinkedIn to your website
- 02:09 – Neil increased his overall traffic through this tactic
- 02:30 – Adding the share button is also an option
- 02:38 – Using Zapier and IFTTT, you can push your updates to LinkedIn automatically
- 02:58 – LinkedIn drives leads
- 03:13 – Every time Neil publishes a blog post, he shares it to every marketing group in LinkedIn
- 03:26 – Participate in the group as well and add value
- 03:32 – Buffer is also good for sharing in groups
- 04:07 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Target your offer to the right demographic.
- You can get higher click-through rates and cheaper clicks in LinkedIn.
- Posting your blog posts in LinkedIn and sharing them to groups can significantly boost your overall traffic.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.