Want to learn the secrets of the world's best marketers in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for a free 14 day trial of Marketing School Pro to access exclusive content, actionable advice, and a private community that will make you smarter! Click here to learn more.
Google has come a long way from its humble beginnings when Larry Paige and Sergey Brin set up their company in a garage in 1997. More than two decades later, it has become one of the largest companies in the world, with an average annual revenue of over $100 billion.
Google’s significant influence on the way we see and use the Internet is a true testament to how much it has grown over time. If you are still someone who thinks Google is just a search engine, then you have yet to fully understand the full scope of its operations.
With the help of the infographic below, you can brush up on your knowledge regarding Google’s influence in the digital economy. You will also learn some amazing facts and stats about the tech giant that Google has become. Here are some highlights from the infographic.
Google Is all about Green Energy
Many companies pay lip service to the green revolution movement while sponsoring projects that are detrimental to our environment. Interestingly, Google is one of the few companies that actually has the background to support this (extremely trendy) claim.
- In 2014, Google built an electric car from scratch that had a range of 100 miles.
- The tech giant rents 200 goats to prune the weeds around its headquarters — the Googleplex — instead of using actual mowers.
- Most importantly, Google has invested over $3 billion in renewable energy across the globe.
Google Makes the Bulk of Its Money from Advertisements
Digital marketing is bigger than ever and Google sits at the pinnacle of the market.
- The tech company makes 97% of its revenue from advertisements.
- Its ad revenue surged from $21.4 billion in the first quarter of 2017 to $26.6 billion in the first quarter of 2018.
- Interestingly enough, 80% of people ignore Google’s ads, but this has not in any way lessened the staggering profits they make on advertising every year.
The advent of personalized advertising and target marketing will only lead to the growth of digital marketing, and Google is well positioned as the go-to-place for businesses.
You can check out the infographic below for additional interesting facts and stats about Google!
Check out more articles about Google:
- Google Like a Pro: 42 of the Most Useful Google Search Tricks
- The Marketer’s Guide to Identifying & Fixing Google Index Bloat
- How to Recover From Any Google Penalty
- The Complete Guide to Google My Business
- Google to Stop Supporting Robots.txt Noindex: What That Means for You
- A Simple Hack to Combine Facebook Ads and Google Ads
- 9 Alternatives that Are Just as Good as Google Analytics
- The Quick & Practical Guide To Google Tag Manager (With 10 Videos!)