[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In episode #716, Eric and Neil discuss why you shouldn’t copy the strategies of billion dollar companies. Tune in to hear why corporations don’t have all the answers.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why You Shouldn’t Copy Billion Dollar Companies
- [00:42] A lot of the things big companies do, don’t make sense.
- [00:55] Companies like Slack have the high valuation.
- [01:13] They ran a commercial, but the commercial didn’t completely explain what Slack actually is.
- [01:50] If you are in marketing, you have to have good messaging and a good story.
- [02:15] Your product is not a consumer-based product and is probably more complex.
- [02:45] Eric watches The Man in the High Castle and he recommends it.
- [03:00] However, the recent marketing campaign for this show involved covering the inside of subway cars with full Swastikas. It was a confusing ad campaign.
- [03:30] If you don’t know the show, this campaign was probably jarring.
- [03:50] You have to be smart with your branding and think of long-term repercussions.
- [04:43] You want to answer objections.
- [05:00] That’s all for today!
- [05:02] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveaway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post Why You Shouldn’t Copy Billion Dollar Companies | Ep. #716 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.