In Episode #246, Eric and Neil discuss how to integrate chatbots into your marketing. Tune in to learn what chatbot is, its limitations and strengths in regards to its function, and whether or not it is essential for your marketing strategy. They also discuss the BEST way to optimize a chatbot’s utility—partner it with a human.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Integrate Chatbots into Your Marketing
- 00:34 – There’s been a chatbot craze since 2016
- 00:49 – Eric explains what a chatbot is
- 01:15 – Chatbots can understand the basic level of support
- 01:22 – Eric shares how chatbots work in regards to marketing
- 01:50 – The best version of chatbots
- 02:05 – It’s not a 100% automated bot
- 02:15 – A human element combined with chatbot is what works best
- 02:21 – How you type within the chat can be a very meticulous process
- 02:26 – Neil shares his experience outsourcing this to the Philippines
- 02:37 – Have someone who can nurture the chatbot interaction
- 02:59 – Go to Chatfuel and the Facebook group Bots to interact with people who are interested in bots
- 03:21 – Chatfuel will allow you to build a Facebook bot, without any need for coding
- 03:38 – At the moment, bots are still imperfect and will fail at times
- 03:51 – Eric reads a sample chatbot message
- 04:14 – Chatbots are not gaining traction
- 04:27 – Use the ones that are a bit aggressive, like Intercom and Drip
- 04:46 – Neil shares why having a more aggressive bot is better
- 05:21 – It is still your job to convert people
- 05:29 – Use chatbot to your advantage
- 05:34 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Chatbot can offer a very basic level of support which can work to your advantage.
- Human interaction combined with a chatbot is the best way for a chatbot to operate smoothly.
- Do NOT rely too heavily on a chatbot for conversion – at the end of the day, it’s your job to sell.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.