In Episode #464, Eric and Neil discuss how to find new growth opportunities. Tune in to learn the websites you can visit that will help take you to that next level in your copy, landing page, and marketing strategies. You’ll also find out why it’s good to know what your competitors are up to.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] – Today’s topic: How to Find New Growth Opportunities
- [00:33] – If you’re following marketing, you’re continuing to learn
- 00:40 – Quora ads and LinkedIn ads are still considered semi-new in marketing
- 01:00 – Marketing School makes Eric and Neil stay relevant because they’re accountable to their audience
- [01:13] – Learn and read around the space
- 01:25 – Assess your competitors using Ahrefs, SEMrush and BuiltWith
- [01:42] – Don’t use ad blockers so you can see your competitors’ ads
- 01:58 – Land-book is great place for landing page inspiration
- 02:07 – Go to Swiped.co for feedback regarding copy
- 02:15 – Facebook Groups like Badass Marketers and Founders is an engaging one
- 02:31 – com and Inbound.com will help you find new opportunities
- [02:45] – Go to conferences and events as well
- 02:58 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:09 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- [03:15] v – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Learning should be constant—be willing to adapt to the ever changing technology today.
- Find growth opportunities by attending conferences and events and grow your network.
- Find out what works for your competitors so you can stay ahead.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Full Transcript of The Episode
Eric Siu: Welcome to another episode of Marketing School. I'm Eric Siu.
Neil Patel: I'm Neil Patel.
Eric Siu: Today, we are going to talk about how to find new growth opportunities. This one's actually, if you follow marketing at all, you're continuing to learn. I think that's one of the easiest ways to find new growth opportunities. To give you an example, we've been testing ... Let's say core ads is a good example of something that's been semi-new, or you can look at the new LinkedIn ads where you can send in-mail directly. That's semi-new, too. If you're studying, in general, if you want to find new growth opportunities, you have to be open to growing, you have to be open to learning, and this is how Neil and I do this podcast. One of the reasons is it holds us accountable to continue to stay relevant around marketing, and we can't BS because people are going to call us out on it. That's one way to go about it. Keep growing, and you'll find new growth opportunities and then you start to test them, too.
Neil Patel: What Eric's pretty much saying is learn, read. The more you read, all these sites release new stuff, they have news, such as Facebook, chatbots, or whatever it may be, and then you can end up testing it out. You need to read and then test.
The next thing you want to end up doing is look at your competitors. By looking at what they're doing always, you can use tools like [inaudible 00:01:29], SEMrush. WhatRunsWhere shows you all the ads that your competitors are using around the web. You can use BuiltWith to see what your competitors are doing, what tools they're using. That way, you can start considering using some of those on your website. Don't use ad blockers. If you use ad blockers, you won't see what kind of ads your competition's running. You want to make sure you're seeing all of their ads and their creatives because that'll help you maximize new channels.
Eric Siu: If you're looking for a specific kind of ad copy or specific landing pages to take a look at, well, Land-book, Land-book.com, is great for inspiration there if you're looking for, oh, you want a high converting website? If you want something around I want to look at Ben Settle's newsletters or if you want to look at certain copy, you can go to swiped.co. That's S-W-I-P-E-D.co. Other opportunities, too. I really like using Facebook groups because those are really engaging. There's a group called Badass Marketers and Founders. There are some great ... There are people that share a ton of tactics in there. Some are fairly spammy. Some are really good. I do like taking a look in there, and there's also other groups, too. You look at, especially in marketing, you look at GrowthHackers.com, you look at Inbound.org. Neil even has a private group, too.
There's a lot to learn. There's different areas. You just have to find what you like, who you like to listen to. I have to assume that if you're listening to us, you kind of like what you hear from us. We are also a way to find new growth opportunities.
Neil Patel: Go to conferences, as well, networking events, conferences. People start discussing some of the cool tactics or strategies that they ended up leveraging. You can take those, see if they apply to your business, and put them in place, as well.
Eric Siu: Great. That's it for today, but before we go, we have a 90-day free trial of Crazy Egg to give away to each and every one of you. There's no credit card required. Guess what? It's available again, well, I said, to every single one of you, and if you want to get access, just go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway. It's worth up to $3,000. That's the last point I wanted to add. With that being said, we will see you tomorrow.
Announcer: This session of Marketing School has come to a close. Be sure to subscribe for more daily marketing strategies and tactics to help you find the success you've always dreamed of, and don't forget to rate and review so we can continue to bring you the best daily content possible. We'll see you in class tomorrow right here on Marketing School.