Want to learn the secrets of the world's best marketers in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for a free 14 day trial of Marketing School Pro to access exclusive content, actionable advice, and a private community that will make you smarter! Click here to learn more.
In episode #858, we discuss why dwell time matters for SEO. Tune in to hear how you can increase your dwell time.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why Dwell Time Matters for SEO (and How to Increase It)
- [00:36] Dwell time is how long people spend on your page.
- [00:46] Google factors this in when ranking your site.
- [01:05] The longer a visitor stays on your site, the more engaged they are.
- [01:57] Look at your pages with the most search traffic and figure out the highest ranking keywords.
- [02:30] If you make sure that your webpage answers the questions people are searching for, it will increase your dwell time.
- [02:41] A friend of ours has an app called “YouTube Subscribe Bar”.
- [03:00] When you write a post, find a relevant video on YouTube, plug the embed code into the app, and it will not only embed the video, but allow you to post a link to subscribe to your channel instead of the video creator’s channel.
- [03:50] If you’re not sure what people want, make a survey asking them.
- [04:04] That’s it for today!
- [04:20] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post Why Dwell Time Matters for SEO (and How to Increase It) | Ep. #858 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.