Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In episode #776, Eric and Neil discuss why blogging too often may hurt your rankings. Tune in to hear why you should consider blogging less.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why Blogging Too Often Will Hurt Your Rankings
- [00:45] A site has “x” amount of authority.
- [01:05] You’ll find that if you start blogging more over time, a lot of your content will become outdated.
- [01:32] Old pages will drop in rankings, but eventually your whole site will suffer because of outdated posts.
- [02:20] Refer to the Content Reusage Framework.
- [02:22] A VC named Tomasz Tonguz did a study on the value of temporal content vs. evergreen content.
- [02:47] The difference between a news site and an evergreen site is that your rankings will spike from time to time, whereas evergreen content stacks in rankings over time.
- [03:25] Focus on writing better content, which will help your rankings.
- [03:45] The majority of your posts will not generate much traffic.
- [03:55] 20% of your content will make up 70% of your traffic.
- [04:13] Go to SEMRush or Ahrefs and look at what is popular on your competitors’ sites.
- [04:30] BuzzSumo will also show you what people love.
- [05:02] Follow the data.
- [05:19] That’s it for today!
- [05:35] Go to here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post Why Blogging Too Often Will Hurt Your Rankings | Ep. #776 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.