[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In episode #776, Eric and Neil discuss why blogging too often may hurt your rankings. Tune in to hear why you should consider blogging less.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Why Blogging Too Often Will Hurt Your Rankings
- [00:45] A site has “x” amount of authority.
- [01:05] You’ll find that if you start blogging more over time, a lot of your content will become outdated.
- [01:32] Old pages will drop in rankings, but eventually your whole site will suffer because of outdated posts.
- [02:20] Refer to the Content Reusage Framework.
- [02:22] A VC named Tomasz Tonguz did a study on the value of temporal content vs. evergreen content.
- [02:47] The difference between a news site and an evergreen site is that your rankings will spike from time to time, whereas evergreen content stacks in rankings over time.
- [03:25] Focus on writing better content, which will help your rankings.
- [03:45] The majority of your posts will not generate much traffic.
- [03:55] 20% of your content will make up 70% of your traffic.
- [04:13] Go to SEMRush or Ahrefs and look at what is popular on your competitors’ sites.
- [04:30] BuzzSumo will also show you what people love.
- [05:02] Follow the data.
- [05:19] That’s it for today!
- [05:35] Go to here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post Why Blogging Too Often Will Hurt Your Rankings | Ep. #776 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.