Want to learn the secrets of the world's best marketers in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for a free 14 day trial of Marketing School Pro to access exclusive content, actionable advice, and a private community that will make you smarter! Click here to learn more.
In Episode #335, Eric and Neil discuss how to rank higher on YouTube. Tune in to learn how you can successfully get your video ranking to new heights on YouTube and why a putting out a 20-minute video is better than a 2-minute one.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Rank Higher on YouTube
- 00:51 – YouTube tags help the algorithm figure out what the video is about
- 01:06 – You have different keywords and you need to know which keyword drives traffic
- 01:16 – Check out Keyword Tool, SEMrush and Google Search Console for keyword performance
- 01:36 – YouTube looks at your engagement
- 01:54 – Between a shorter video and longer one; the longer one will rank higher because YouTube tracks the length of time viewers stay engaged with the video
- 02:18 – The longer people stay on YouTube, the more engaged they are and the more money YouTube makes from their ads
- 02:53 – If you want to build your watch time, think about building a playlist
- 03:03 – Playlists can get people to watch over time
- 03:31 – VIQ and TubeBuddy can help with the tags people are using on their videos and other statistics
- 03:56 – TubeBuddy’s tag explore can help you find recommended tags
- 04:10 – To do well, upload videos consistently and share them to other channels to increase engagement
- 04:27 – It takes time to see results on YouTube
- 04:44 – Neil sees improvements on his YouTube videos after promoting them everywhere
- 04:52 – Eric’s Growth Everywhere YouTube channel is growing on its own
- 05:06 – Eric learned that once you get 10K subscribers, you’ll start to grow fast
- 05:30 – There’s an inflection point
- 05:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- The longer your videos are, the greater your chance at a longer engagement time which will inevitably boost your ranking.
- Upload videos consistently and in large quantities if possible.
- From YouTube, promote your videos on as many channels as you can to establish your following and increase your engagement.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.