Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #215, Eric and Neil discuss their favorite marketing books. They give you a quick synopsis of the value offered by each book and how these principles can help your marketing strategy. Whether you’re starting out or are an experienced marketer, there’s always more you can learn to up your marketing game.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Our Favorite Marketing Books
- 00:35 – Breakthrough Advertising
- 00:45 – Talks about people’s desires
- 01:09 – Explains the concepts of good copywriting
- 01:25 – Don’t Make Me Think
- 01:28 – This book includes design concepts
- 01:44 – Most marketers think having a good design equates to greater conversion rates
- 01:57 – Influence
- 02:01 – Discusses how you influence people to do something, like buying a product
- 02:07 – Concept of price anchoring: anchoring a price so high that when a customer comes in, you drop the price for them significantly that they can’t walk away from the purchase
- 03:06 – The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing
- 03:12 – It has the 22 rules that you should always follow in regards to marketing
- 03:31 – DotCom Secrets
- 03:36 – Talks about the concept of funnels
- 03:46 – The funnels are the future
- 04:01 – The Copywriter’s Handbook
- 04:03 – A step-by-step guide of writing copy that sells
- 04:17 – It has the principles of copywriting outlined clearly
- 04:21 – Check David Ogilvy, the “father of advertising”
- 04:31 – He has shared his experiences through his books
- 04:47 – The Boron Letters
- 04:52 – Gary Halbert is one of the best copywriters
- 04:56 – The book is written for his son
- 05:19 – Seth Godin, the master marketer
- 05:40 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Regardless of your experience, there is still much to learn regarding marketing.
- Conversion matters—both design and content are factors that affect your conversion.
- Learn from the best in the field and what they’ve written to get that leg up.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.