In Episode #52 Neil and Eric discuss the all-too-common challenge of finding great ideas for blog topics. Listen as they share a number of their favorite tools, proven techniques, and secret sources for marquee content.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:23 – Today’s topic: How to research new blog topics?
- 00:42 – Hold weekly meetings and crowdsource idea generation
- 01:00 – You can also tap into your email list
- 01:50 – Tap into feedly.com
- 02:05 – Neil only sources his audience for blog/podcast topics
- 02:31 – What type of problems are you hearing about again and again at conferences and industry events?
- 02:50 – BuzzSumo and Brian Dean's Skyscraper Technique
- 04:00 – TrackReddit
- 04:48 – Tap into article sub-headers and use those sub-headers to create individual posts
- 05:30 – What have people engaged with in the past?
- 06:56 – Digital Marketer – Headline Ideas
- 07:15 – Aaron Ageis Quick Sprout
3 Key Points:
- Tap into the hive mind (aka the crowd).
- Listen into your industry’s buzz.
- Try transforming sub-headers from older content into stand-alone pieces.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.