[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In Episode #85 Neil and Eric ask whether or not you need to be able to code to be a successful marketer. Coding will help you in a lot of ways but it’s not the only thing you should know about! Listen as Eric and Neil share what you should consider.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: Do you need to be able to code to be a successful online marketer?
- 00:37 – NO, You don’t need to do coding
- 01:12 – In general, you don’t need to learn to code
- 01:31 – You can always hire a developer in Upwork
- 01:59 – Eric joined Treehouse to learn coding but ended up doing marketing more
- 03:03 – Stay in your lane, stay focused
- 03:13 – Be very creative and technical
- 03:44 – You also need to be able to understand math
- 05:17 – Use Zapier so you can hook different web applications together
- 06:17 – If you want to learn data science, check DataCamp
- 06:34 – If you want to learn coding, check Treehouse and Codecademy
- 06:44 – Check web analytics to learn more about analytics
- 07:10 – Read Kaushik’s blog
- 07:42 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Coding is not a requirement but it’s helpful.
- You can always hire people to code for you.
- Remember to be creative, technical, and focused.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.