In Episode #85 Neil and Eric ask whether or not you need to be able to code to be a successful marketer. Coding will help you in a lot of ways but it’s not the only thing you should know about! Listen as Eric and Neil share what you should consider.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: Do you need to be able to code to be a successful online marketer?
- 00:37 – NO, You don’t need to do coding
- 00:42 – HTML skills are helpful but it’s not necessary
- 00:50 – Some tools to help you become successful are ClickFunnels, Lead Pages, Unbounce, and WordPress
- 01:12 – In general, you don’t need to learn to code
- 01:31 – You can always hire a developer in Upwork
- 01:59 – Eric joined Treehouse to learn coding but ended up doing marketing more
- 03:03 – Stay in your lane, stay focused
- 03:13 – Be very creative and technical
- 03:44 – You also need to be able to understand math
- 05:17 – Use Zapier so you can hook different web applications together
- 06:17 – If you want to learn data science, check DataCamp
- 06:34 – If you want to learn coding, check Treehouse and Codecademy
- 06:44 – Check web analytics to learn more about analytics
- 07:10 – Read Kaushik’s blog
- 07:42 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Coding is not a requirement but it’s helpful.
- You can always hire people to code for you.
- Remember to be creative, technical, and focused.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.