In episode #810, Eric and Neil discuss the pitfalls of being an Amazon seller. Tune in to hear how you can avoid losing your shirt.
Eric and Neil have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Amazon Sellers May Go Out of Business If They Don’t Do This
- [00:45] Eric went to an Ecommerce conference and Amazon was the talk of the conference.
- [01:00] When it comes to Amazon, there is a lot of “short-termism”.
- [01:20] When you work on Amazon, you do not control the customers.
- [01:45] Marketing has now moved to being an omni-channel approach.
- [02:20] Amazon is growing, but as it grows, there will be more and more competition.
- [02:35] Because of this, you need to diversify.
- [04:20] As an Amazon seller, you will find that shady marketers will screw up your revenue.
- [04:45] Amazon sellers’ revenue can go to $0, because other sellers can flag you and get you banned (for no real reason).
- [05:15] If you have your own website, you won’t have to rely on Amazon as your only channel.
- [06:09] That’s it for today!
- [06:12] If you are interested in corporate training, tweet at Eric.
- [06:25] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post Amazon Sellers May Go Out of Business If They Don’t Do This | Ep. #810 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.