In Episode #126, Neil and Eric discuss strategies for setting up a basic re-marketing campaign—what it is, why it works, and how it can drive significant increases in conversion.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Set-up a Basic Re-marketing Campaign
- 00:37 – Re-marketing is when a page you recently visited shows up in another you’re viewing
- 01:01 – Make sure you have the right pixel on your site when doing re-marketing
- 01:10 – Have a Google Tag Manager setup to manage the pixel
- 01:38 – Create new creative and rotate those createives often to attract more views
- 02:08 – You can buy stock images from Fotolia
- 02:16 – A good digital marketer will always have a Venn diagram of the different types of traffic
- 02:22 – Cold traffic has never heard of your brand before
- 02:26 – Warm traffic is when they visit your website and join your email list
- 02:29 – Hot traffic has spent at least a dollar with your brand
- 02:36 – “You are marketing to people, not objects” and don’t forget it!
- 03:16 – Tricks for re-marketing successfully
- 03:45 – Create different landing pages with different content but same value prop
- 03:58 – The paid content promotion funnel idea
- 04:35 – Target a specific group of people on a specific week
- 05:10 – AdEspresso can refresh your ad over and over
- 05:20 – Setup a content re-targeting funnel
- 05:36 – Create quirky ads
- 06:20 – Neil Patel’s quirky ads’ result
- 07:00 – Tell people stories in your ads and conversion rates will be higher
3 Key Points:
- You are marketing to PEOPLE, not objects.
- Know you target markets and segment them.
- Experiment with your ads. Different content works with different people.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.