Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #113 Eric and Neil talk about whether or not you should hire a PR agency for your business. Listen to know the pros and cons that are tied to hiring a 3rd party agency and why PR is not for new companies that are just starting out.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should I hire a PR agency for my business?
- 00:44 – If you’re first starting out, don’t expect a launch to take you a long distance
- 01:19 – Neil shares his negative PR experiences
- 02:05 – The best way to hire a PR person is to have them work full time for you
- 02:13 – Neil shares more of his PR experiences
- 03:53 – Find a person to do PR – do not find companies
- 04:17 – Eric shares his PR experiences
- 04:36 – The PR industry is antiquated
- 04:37 – Neil recommended Chris Barrett to Eric
- 06:01 – PR makes sense if the costs make sense
- 07:01 – If you’re looking for PR people, check out: Janine from Fresh PR and Richard Lorenzen
- 07:39 – Your goal is to graduate from an agency and hire in-house
- 08:01 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- PR is not for all business types—don’t invent in PR on a whim.
- Getting a PR person is way better than getting an agency.
- Your end goal is to graduate from hiring agencies and get in-house employees.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.