Want to learn the secrets of the world's best marketers in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for a free 14 day trial of Marketing School Pro to access exclusive content, actionable advice, and a private community that will make you smarter! Click here to learn more.
In Episode #127, Neil and Eric talk about the different ways you can combine your content marketing with paid advertising. Listen as they list down pros and cons for different Facebook ads, and the difference between Facebook, LinkedIn, Google and Twitter ad costs.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Combine Content Marketing with Paid Advertising
- 00:45 – Neil’s favorite strategy is using Facebook fans’ “likes”
- 01:21 – When you drive paid clicks and you stop paying, you’re not going to get anymore
- 02:04 – The goal is to have the least amount of fans that create the most amount of engagement
- 02:30 – “Boost Post” button to Facebook works
- 03:33 – Look at your Facebook insights
- 03:51 – Make sure you have a content upgrade – you can use Thrive
- 04:54 – Spend what you need to get the right campaign/headline that results in the most “shares”, “posts”, “likes”, etc.
- 05:25 – Eric promotes the page post engagements
- 06:31 – Think about the channel before investing in paid traffic
- 07:22 – LinkedIn traffic’s conversion rates are 50-60%
- 08:14 – Gmail ads also works – check out Growth Everywhere’s post
- 08:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Combining paid advertising and content marketing IS possible and profitable.
- Build a following instead of just driving paid clicks.
- Spend money not for “likes” but to get the right campaign.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.