In episode #713, Eric and Neil discuss how and why you need to manage your experiments. Tune in to hear how you can manage marketing experiments successfully.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Run and Manage Your Marketing Experiments
- [00:35] Neil likes to use Trello to manage his marketing experiments.
- [00:45] Everyone puts their ideas on the board and then they pick the best ones.
- [01:00] Don’t spend six months on something that doesn’t work. Start with smaller experiments.
- [01:22] Eric uses Asana Premium to organize his experiments.
- [01:58] GrowthHackers Northstar is a great tool, but Neil thinks they won’t be around much longer.
- [02:25] Make sure you’re spending time and energy on things you can get done quickly.
- [02:50] Everyone had a different perspective, which is why it’s great to get input and ideas from everyone on your team.
- [03:31] Only 1 in 12 experiments actually succeeds.
- [03:48] Neil thinks that stat means that whoever is running your experiments sucks.
- [04:05] Don’t forget to do qualitative studies.
- [05:15] If you’ve been running experiments for a long time, this is when you need to do something more drastic and crazy to move the needle.
- [05:45] Northstar uses the ICE Framework.
- [06:07] Eric recommends that you read Managing Oneself by Peter Drucker, a management guru.
- [06:45] You should have a feedback analysis tool to see who on your team is killing it.
- [07:05] If you’re not being scientific about your experimentation process, you are going to fly off the rails.
- [07:30] Don’t operate solely off your “gut feeling”; use qualitative and quantitative data to come to your conclusions.
- [07:44] That’s it for today!
- [07:47] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveaway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post How to Run and Manage Your Marketing Experiments | Ep. #713 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.