Want To Uncover Your True Potential and Achieve Financial Freedom? We invite you to join a free Masterclass with award-winning business leader, Eric Siu, where he shares his 5-Step Blueprint to Starting Your Dream Online Business That Gives You Freedom & Fulfillment. Click Here To Reserve Your Spot Now.
In Episode #200, Eric and Neil discuss how you should approach SEO for a 10,000-page website. Internal linking, SEO audits, and long-term brand campaigns are all key strategies that will optimize your ranking on Google. Eric and Neil break down these strategies geared towards your large website so that you can optimize your topical relevancy for Google.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Approach SEO for a 10,000-Page Website
- 00:40 – Use Google Search Console to spot areas on your site such as crawl issues and specific penalties
- 00:54 – Combine Google Search Console with Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- 01:07 – Read Neil’s post on Quicksprout on how to perform an SEO audit the right way
- 01:27 – Make sure your website is set for the right URL hierarchy—this will help your Google relevance
- 01:59 – Reasons why you’re creating a website
- 02:20 – When you have tons of pages, your content might overlap
- 02:44 – Your biggest ROI bank should be on-page SEO
- 03:10 – Combining posts is good
- 03:21 – If you have a lot of different pages, create a resource page
- 03:32 – The “hub and spoke” content strategy explained
- 03:43 – It is an internal link wheel
- 03:54 – Check Pat Flynn’s deleting content post that explains how deleting a post can boost your ranking
- 04:30 – If you have some good performing posts, you can use Ahrefs to check which are ranking
- 05:08 – Check the top performing keywords that are used
- 05:18 – Internal linking is really important
- 05:30 – Have sub signals pointing to the pages
- 05:41 – Related links also build internal links
- 05:33 – Most big sites do internal links
- 06:00 – Most travel links are doing internal linking
- 06:25 – Using off-page SEO
- 06:45 – One problem with big sites is getting ranked for random terms
- 07:14 – Use branding campaigns
- 07:34 – Short-term brand raising may die down once your campaign ends
- 07:50 – Make sure you have long-term brand campaigns to build your brand and presence with your audience
- 08:15 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Topical relevancy is crucial for a big website, so make sure your website is set for the right URL hierarchy.
- Push to have long-term campaigns so that people can resonate with your material and increase presence and ranking on Google.
- Internal linking is a necessity for a big website.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.