Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #218, Eric and Neil discuss how to run weekly growth meetings. Weekly growth meetings can drive results for your business and how to do it effectively. Tune in to find out key strategies that can help guide your meeting and direct you to the best ideas as well as the importance of finding mentors to provide that outside perspective.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Run Weekly Growth Meetings
- 00:41 – Weekly growth meetings drive results for your business
- 00:48 – Eric is running 2-3 tests weekly and have people who will be responsible for each test
- 00:55 – Use Google spreadsheet or Trello to track your progress
- 01:06 – Use Growth Hacker’s experiment tool that has a leaderboard
- 01:19 – Incentivize people to come up with great ideas
- 01:50 – Each idea is ranked on a scale of 1-10
- 02:08 – Have a hypothesis and make people constantly think about things
- 02:49 – Neil setups teams with different people
- 02:58 – “Every person in an organization has an idea and experienced in different communication channels”
- 03:22 – Each will put their ideas in a basket and the best ones will be picked
- 03:49 – The key to growth meetings is weekly reiteration
- 04:00 – Weekly growth meeting is still possible with a one-man team
- 04:19 – Do A/B test or outbound campaigns
- 04:40 – Neil discusses marketing strategies with his friend, Michael Howard
- 05:52 – Read up from other entrepreneurs and get someone as a mentor
- 05:44 – Join a group
- 05:54 – Eric has a monthly meetup in Los Angeles
- 06:01 – The questions that you should be asking yourself when you are running a test
- 06:50 – Do it as a routine
- 06:59 – Always check in with those who are uncooperative and are not participating
- 07:13 – It’s about efficiency in meetings
- 07:24 – Celebrate your big wins
- 07:46 – Read up Brian Balfour’s essay on running growth meetings and Growth Hacker’s growth study on how to run High Temporal Testing
- 08:01 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Weekly growth meetings, when run right, are where you can get your best growth ideas.
- Do a test as a part of your routine and address the questions that you have prior to starting that test.
- Efficiency is the key to every meeting; make sure to address those who aren’t necessarily cooperating.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.