Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #443, Eric and Neil discuss how to use Google Trends to improve your SEO. Tune in to learn how Google Trends can give you an edge with your content. From seeing what’s currently trending online to discovering what pops up when you search your keywords, Google Trends gives you a picture of how you can improve your game.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] – Today’s topic: How to Use Google Trends to Improve Your SEO
- 00:35 – Search for keywords that you are ranking for and Google Trends will give you additional ideas
- [00:58] – Google Trends will tell you what’s currently hot and integrate that content onto your website
- [01:25] – Eric is currently interested with cryptocurrency and he knows which keywords he needs to include in his writing
- [02:00] – Search for your brand on Google Trends to give you a better idea about whether or not you need to work on your branding
- [02:20] – Google Trends is free and easy to use
- 02:35 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 02:44 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- [02:48] – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Search your keywords to get additional ideas for your content.
- Find the trending topics and try to integrate them into your posts.
- Find out how your brand is performing by utilizing Google Trends.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post How to Use Google Trends to Improve Your SEO | Ep. #443 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
Full Transcript of The Episode
Eric Siu: Welcome to another episode of Marketing School. I'm Eric Siu.
Neil Patel: I'm Neil Patel.
Eric Siu: Today, we are going to talk about how to use Google Trends to improve your SEO. First and foremost, this is super easy. You just throw in whatever keyword that ... Let's say that Neil's ranking for content marketing, and I think he actually is. You search for content marketing, and you're going to see some related searches when you're using Google Trends. That's going to give you some additional ideas, and that's going to help you. Well, if some of these keywords are up and coming, they're trending up into the right, maybe you can do some additional keyword research on top of it, and maybe that's a keyword that you want to go after.
Neil Patel: They also tell you what's hot right now. If you take whatever's hot right now and integrate that content within your website, you can start getting a lot more traffic from Google News, assuming you're already in. If you aren't, well, we have an episode that breaks down how to get in Google News, but assuming you're already in, then what you want to end up doing is riding on the hot buzz-worthy topics that are related to your own website. You'll get the placement on the first page of Google in many cases, and you'll get tons and tons of visitors.
Eric Siu: I mentioned I'm interested in cryptocurrency, really interested, and if you look at Ethereum, you look at Bitcoin, these are the top two, and you can look at other coins, such as Litecoin, as well, but you can see the trends over time, too. If I type in Bitcoin, if I type in Ethereum, I can see what's moving up into the right and what's trending downwards or even searching the keyword podcast, for example. You can see it's trending upwards. That is a signal to me on what I should pursue from a content strategy perspective overall. Use a tool like Google Trends, and you want to layer it all in with other tools, but it's a good indicator of what's going on in your respective worlds.
Neil Patel: Last, but not least, for me, with Google Trends, I like putting in my brand name. It'll show me how popular it is. Is it growing, is it declining, because Google is using brand queries to determine how high you are ranking, and if it's declining or it's flat or not even growing, you should figure out how to do branding campaigns to maximize your brand queries, brand searches, because this will help your overall rankings for all your keywords.
Eric Siu: Google Trends, it's free, it's a no-brainer to use. Neil and I look at it quite often. Probably Google Trends and [inaudible 00:02:26] are the tools that I know the both of us look at a couple times a week.
Before we go, we have a 90-day free trial of Crazy Egg to give away to each and every one of you. No credit card is required, and it's worth up to $3,000. This should be a no-brainer. If you want to check it out, if you want to learn more, just go to singlegrain.com/giveaway. We will see you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This session of Marketing School has come to a close. Be sure to subscribe for more daily marketing strategies and tactics to help you find the success you've always dreamed of. Don't forget to rate and review so we can continue to bring you the best daily content possible. We'll see you in class tomorrow right here on Marketing School.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.