Want to learn the secrets of the world's best marketers in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for a free 14 day trial of Marketing School Pro to access exclusive content, actionable advice, and a private community that will make you smarter! Click here to learn more.
In Episode #138, Eric and Neil discuss whether or not direct mail is a fading marketing strategy. Listen as they discuss how targeting advertisements to the right demographic as well as being creative with your copy and message can be the strategies needed to save this older, tried-and-true method.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Does Direct Mail Still Work?
- 00:35 – It’s untrue that direct mail doesn’t work anymore
- 00:41 – Russell Brunson from ClickFunnels is a great example of how well it works
- 01:07 – “Direct mail is NOT dead”
- 01:21 – Direct mail still works for businesses that cater to older people
- 01:48 – Direct mail needs to be creatively made to get someone to open it, otherwise it can be considered junk mail
- 01:57 – Neil describes an ad he got in the mail the other day that he actually opened
- 02:21 – Like a website, direct mail also has funnels
- 02:47 – Send a unique letter to get someone open it
- 03:00 – Have persuasive copy
- 03:10 – Neil is testing out a marketing strategy in the mail
- 04:14 – Consider your audience
- 05:37 – Be creative with your messaging inside your mail
- 06:50 – Target down your list to a small group so you can spend more money personalizing the mail ad
- 07:19 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Snail mail is NOT dead—you just need to be creative in your marketing.
- It is ESSENTIAL to have creative and persuasive copy in direct mail.
- Success in direct mail is dependent on approaching the right, target audience.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.