Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #137, Neil and Eric discuss the importance of knowing how to control your crawl budget. Tune in to discover how the quality of your pages affects your crawl budget and, in turn, can directly influence the level of traffic to your website.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Why and How You Should Control Your Crawl Budget
- 00:35 – The definition of a crawl budget
- 01:09 – “Every site has a limited crawl budget”
- 01:28 – Control what pages Google crawls and have them crawl your most important ones
- 02:02 – Make sure the Google Search Console is installed
- 02:50 – Consider removing low quality pages from your website or use robotstxt to block Google from crawling them
- 03:21 – Deleting content can sometimes increase traffic
- 03:35 – Look at impressions in your Google Search Console
- 04:11 – Link and direct more people to high quality pages
- 04:29 – WhitePages block off a lot of pages
- 05:03 – Check the crawl error section in your Google Search Console
- 06:20 – The faster your servers, the more pages are crawled
- 07:05 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- A crawl budget is the maximum amount of pages Google crawls on your website.
- Keep your high quality pages up and running, then FOCUS your energy on linking people to those pages.
- Make sure you have a fast server so your website is crawled faster.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.