Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #249, Eric and Neil discuss how to create a seamless checkout process. Your processes can easily make or break a sale. So what defines a seamless checkout process? Eric and Neil provide you with first-hand advice for how to clean up your checkout—from design to making sure that your audience is informed each step of the way.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Create a Seamless Checkout Process
- 00:40 – Make the checkout process as simple as possible
- 00:49 – The more friction you cause, the more difficult it is to convert people
- 00:55 – The book Don’t Make Me Think will teach you about how to design your processes in a user friendly way
- 01:17 – The more you get people engaged, the more they are likely to finish the checkout process
- 01:51 – You can also email people who didn’t complete their checkout, so that they can convert to a sale
- 01:58 – If you want to build a relationship, integrating a live chat is a great option
- 02:13 – You can use Intercom
- 02:27 – Make your pages mobile-optimized and responsive
- 02:52 – Amazon’s checkout process
- 03:55 – The seamless process only works if your audience knows what they’re doing
- 04:02 – Make sure your audience understand your product and what they’re buying
- 04:25 – Keep the users informed of each step within the process
- 04:53 – Make the experience consistent
- 05:05 – The speed also takes plays a part in the overall experience
- 05:30 – Make it easy for people to go back to where they left off
- 05:42 – The Marketing School is giving away 5 annual copies of Ahrefs this week
- 05:51 – Subscribe, rate and review the Marketing School Podcast
- 05:55 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 06:11 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Make the checkout process as easy and simple as possible.
- A seamless checkout process only works if your audience knows what they are doing.
- A consistent process creates the best experience.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.