Want to learn the secrets of the world's best marketers in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for a free 14 day trial of Marketing School Pro to access exclusive content, actionable advice, and a private community that will make you smarter! Click here to learn more.
In Episode #144, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 creative ways to increase Google ranking. Making your website appear on Google’s first search page is extremely advantageous for marketers, but achieving that rank and maintaining it is where you need to put in the work. Tune in to know how you can successfully increase your website’s Google ranking and the tools that will help you achieve this goal.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Creative Ways to Increase Google Ranking
- 00:40 – First, Google Hummingbird
- 00:55 – Use a tool called MarketMuse
- 01:38 – Neil shares why MarketMuse is effective for him
- 02:00 – Second, update posts consistently
- 02:38 – Revives and increases traffic significantly
- 03:18 – Third, look at your bounce rate
- 03:50 – Check which pages have a terrible bounce rate and improve those pages
- 04:15 – Having a lower bounce rate will increase google ranking over time
- 04:38 – Fourth way is by content flipping
- 05:18 – Flip a content ranking using a canonical tag
- 05:35 – Fifth way is through branded queries
- 05:52 – Google is looking at branded signals
- 06:48 – Sixth is looking at click-thru rates
- 06:50 – Better titles means better click-thru rates
- 07:10 – Lastly, make sure your website mobile compatible
- 07:35 – Use an AMP framework for more search traffic
- 07:41 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- To make your website rank well on Google, you have to know which tactics work best.
- Branded queries play an important role in your ranking.
- People are using their smartphones way more than their computers; therefore, mobile compatibility is not just an option, it’s a NECESSITY.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.