Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #1 Eric and Neil introduce the world to The Marketing School—a daily podcast built to share marketing insights with the world. Today’s main topic: where you can go to learn marketing.
- 01:36 – Do you want learn about online marketing?—Don’t go to college!
- 02:22 – College professors don’t have practical, up-to-date, field experience
- 02:31 – Go to blogs like http://www.moz.com, http://www.backlinko.com, https://www.singlegrain.com
- 02:45 – Read some articles, take what you learn, and apply it to your website
- 03:19 – Every single online marketer that’s good got started on their own website
- 03:27 – Learn before you earn
- 04:01 – Learn to be persistent
- 04:35 – Small wins add up over time
- 04:45 – How Neil become Eric’s mentor
- 05:29 – Keep your foot on the peddle and you’ll start to pass everyone around you
- 06:00 – Like Eric, Neil got his start by emailing a random entrepreneur he looked up to
- 07:29 – Be willing to trade knowledge all the time
- 08:03 – How Eric learns marketing now?—Nuzzel
- 08:35 – http://www.Kissmetrics.com
- 08:55 – Feed.ly and http://www.jonloomer.com
- 09:19 – Neil just learns by CRUSHING blogs and articles—he picks the ones with the most social shares
- 10:32 – Education is about actionable material
- 11:15 – Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes!
3 Key Points:
- Only read detailed articles or guides—skip the generic overview stuff.
- Understand that you have to learn before you earn, and then be persistent with your education.
- If you want to get into marketing, start experimenting on your own website.
- http://www.moz.com – Blog recommended by Neil
- http://www.backlinko.com – Blog recommended by Neil
- https://www.singlegrain.com – Blog recommended by Neil
- http://www.kissmetrics.com – Resource Eric relies on to improve his marketing knowledge
- Nuzzel – Tool Eric uses to organize and catalog his Twitter feeds
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.