[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In Episode #1 Eric and Neil introduce the world to The Marketing School—a daily podcast built to share marketing insights with the world. Today’s main topic: where you can go to learn marketing.
- 01:36 – Do you want learn about online marketing?—Don’t go to college!
- 02:22 – College professors don’t have practical, up-to-date, field experience
- 02:31 – Go to blogs like http://www.moz.com, http://www.backlinko.com, https://www.singlegrain.com
- 02:45 – Read some articles, take what you learn, and apply it to your website
- 03:19 – Every single online marketer that’s good got started on their own website
- 03:27 – Learn before you earn
- 04:01 – Learn to be persistent
- 04:35 – Small wins add up over time
- 04:45 – How Neil become Eric’s mentor
- 05:29 – Keep your foot on the peddle and you’ll start to pass everyone around you
- 06:00 – Like Eric, Neil got his start by emailing a random entrepreneur he looked up to
- 07:29 – Be willing to trade knowledge all the time
- 08:03 – How Eric learns marketing now?—Nuzzel
- 08:35 – http://www.Kissmetrics.com
- 08:55 – Feed.ly and http://www.jonloomer.com
- 09:19 – Neil just learns by CRUSHING blogs and articles—he picks the ones with the most social shares
- 10:32 – Education is about actionable material
- 11:15 – Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes!
3 Key Points:
- Only read detailed articles or guides—skip the generic overview stuff.
- Understand that you have to learn before you earn, and then be persistent with your education.
- If you want to get into marketing, start experimenting on your own website.
- http://www.moz.com – Blog recommended by Neil
- http://www.backlinko.com – Blog recommended by Neil
- https://www.singlegrain.com – Blog recommended by Neil
- http://www.kissmetrics.com – Resource Eric relies on to improve his marketing knowledge
- Nuzzel – Tool Eric uses to organize and catalog his Twitter feeds
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.