Want To Uncover Your True Potential and Achieve Financial Freedom? We invite you to join a free Masterclass with award-winning business leader, Eric Siu, where he shares his 5-Step Blueprint to Starting Your Dream Online Business That Gives You Freedom & Fulfillment. Click Here To Reserve Your Spot Now.
In Episode #245, Eric and Neil discuss how to analyze your competition in less than 10 minutes. Tune in to find out the tools that Eric and Neil have tried and tested. They tell you exactly what your competitors are doing—from their best keywords to their top performing content. Learn what you need to so that you can stay ahead of the game.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Analyze Your Competition in Less Than 10 Minutes
- 00:35 – Neil suggests going to SEMrush to put in your competitor's URL and see the keywords that are getting them traffic
- 00:49 – Take the URLs and run them on Ahrefs to see the number of backlinks
- 00:54 – Go to the webpage to see the content
- 00:57 – Look at the pages that rank on Google using the key terms
- 01:07 – Then, go to your site to create content with more keywords
- 01:23 – Use Adbeat for advertising
- 01:29 – SpyFu is good for keyword research
- 01:33 – Built With helps you know the technology your competitors are using
- 02:07 – Use WhatRunsWhere to show the graphics and display of your competitors
- 02:18 – Go to your competitor's Facebook page and go to BuzzSumo to see what worked for them
- 02:44 – Check their lead share posts to see the content that people like and don’t like
- 03:00 – Eric likes Ahrefs as it is similar to SEMRush
- 03:21 – Go to the top pages section in Ahrefs
- 03:36 – Ahref’s gap analysis tool
- 03:58 – Ahref’s keyword difficulty tool
- 04:19 – Go to GrowthEverywhere.com/Ahrefs to check it out
- 04:29 – Eric uses Screaming Frog to crawl a website
- 05:00 – Check SimilarWeb, too
- 05:10 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Utilize the online tools that are already available and ready your pockets for the paid ones.
- Knowing what your competitor is up helps you to stay at the top of your game.
- Doing a full and well-studied analysis takes more than just 10 minutes, but you’ll get used to it in time.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.