[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In Episode #220, Eric and Neil discuss where marketing is going in 2017. YouTube videos, personal branding, and building an online community are the popular trends in marketing today. Tune in and get a glimpse of each of these streams and who’s doing it right.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Where Marketing Is Going in 2017
- 00:35 – There’s more video content in marketing
- 00:48 – YouTube just released their live streaming feature for mobile phones
- 01:00 – Going live on Facebook is also happening
- 01:24 – Companies aren’t hiring CMOs anymore
- 01:40 – “Marketing has a new mindset”
- 01:52 – You can leverage so many assets within a company
- 02:02 – Dropbox has grown by inviting friends and getting more storage space
- 02:23 – Online marketing ads are getting saturated and are rising
- 02:48 – Growth hacking is starting to become mainstream
- 03:13 – Build a community
- 04:14 – Marketing automation is becoming prevalent
- 04:45 – Personal branding
- 04:54 – It is easier and cheaper to acquire companies for a business through personal branding
- 05:58 – Neil’s goal is to take his personal branding to 3x this year
- 06:18 – “You really can’t sell a personal brand”
- 07:12 – A company that relies on personal branding is more difficult to sell
- 07:50 – Ryan Deiss’ personal brand DigitalMarketer
- 08:50 – Take a look at what Native Commerce is doing
- 09:01 – Look at data signs
- 09:38 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Video content is dominating the marketing space, in 2017.
- A community can help your branding stick to people.
- Personal branding has its pros and cons – be sure to build and use it wisely.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.