Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #6 Eric and Neil talk about personal branding. The image that you put out for yourself can carry a lot of weight—even more weight than your company’s brand or philosophy.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – Why is personal branding important? – “You connect more with the individual than you do with the corporate brand.”
- 01:30 – Gary Vaynerchuk
- 1:50 – “You can control what you want to do with your audience.”
- 2:15 – What are some tactics to build personal branding? – Start out with social media and accept more friends and followers.
- 02:55 – Cross-promote on different platforms
- 03:20 – Twitter tools
- 03:30 – Following tools
- 04:10 – The growth of Eric’s business and brand
- 05:00 – How can you show the value of your service to your audience and help your brand grow? – Writing a book
- 06:00 – Blogging
- 06:15 — How to reach out to be a guest poster on a blog
- 07:00 – Creating networks and relationships
- 08:00 – Finding opportunities as a writer
- 08:40 — “You just have to start somewhere.”
- 09:10 – “People will reach out to you.”
- 09:50 – These are long-term goals.
- 10:10 – Associating yourself with famous/popular people in your field
- 11:40 – Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes!
3 Key Points:
- Your personal brand is more valuable than your corporate brand.
- Start building your personal brand by networking and blogging.
- Associate yourself with people who are successful in your field and who will make you known.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.