[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In episode #802, Eric and Neil discuss the #1 thing you need to grow a business successfully. Tune in to hear what you absolutely must do to be a success.
Eric and Neil have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The #1 Thing You Need to Do to Grow Any Business Successfully
- [00:35] The #1 thing is not a marketing tactic, it’s people.
- [00:50] Without a great team, you are not going to grow your business.
- [01:37] CEO’s have three responsibilities: Keeping money in the bank, driving the vision, and recruiting.
- [01:47] The Dropbox CEO recently talked about how recruiting is always top of mind for him.
- [02:16] Bill Gates said the first 20 people at Microsoft built the company.
- [03:03] If an employee isn’t a cultural fit, they aren’t going to stick around.
- [03:15] Only hire people who are smarter than you and from whom you can learn.
- [03:25] Make sure you really interview each applicant and talk to their references. Figure out if they are truly a good fit.
- [03:47] Always test people out.
- [03:56] Make sure multiple people on your team interview each person.
- [04:11] Make sure they lay out a plan of action for their first few weeks or months at the company.
- [05:05] Do indirect reference checks (basically, be a detective).
- [05:30] Sometimes, Eric has gotten glowing reviews and other times, he has gotten more realistic information.
- [06:15] You have to have each person ask different types of questions in the interviews.
- [06:32] The CEO of Drift secretly tests people in interviews: he gives each candidate a cup of water and sees if they throw it away at the end of the interview.
- [06:35] Eric also does this and doesn’t hire anyone who doesn’t clean up after themselves.
- [07:18] If you can get people who can do the work, but won’t be a long-term fit, you are rolling the dice on mercenaries.
- [07:48] That’s it for today!
- [07:54] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post The #1 Thing You Need to Do to Grow Any Business Successfully | Ep. #802 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.