Want to learn the secrets of the world's best marketers in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for a free 14 day trial of Marketing School Pro to access exclusive content, actionable advice, and a private community that will make you smarter! Click here to learn more.
In Episode #438, Eric and Neil discuss how to improve brand quality. Tune in to learn how you can effectively boost the quality of your brand, make people talk about you, and what you need to be doing to increase customer loyalty.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] – Today’s topic: How to Improve Brand Loyalty
- [00:38] – Amazon Prime’s two-day shipping policy initially scared their investors, but it became successful in the end
- [01:11] – “Go above and beyond to help customers”
- [01:28] – When people post on social media and tag your business, make sure to reply
- [01:40] – When people know that you’re responsive, they tend to be more loyal to you
- [01:53] – Eric helps their clients get additional exposure which is already above and beyond their services—this creates loyalty
- [02:05] – Eric connects and builds relationships with people
- [02:32] – “Just care about people”
- [02:42] – Think of the big brands who go above and beyond to help you
- 03:05 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:15 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- [03:21] – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- In the end, just care for people and help out as much as you can.
- Respond to your followers, clients, customers—the more responsive, the more they tend to be loyal to you.
- Learn from the big brands and what they do to cater to their customers.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Full Transcript of The Episode
Eric Siu: Welcome to another episode of Marketing school. I'm Eric Siu.
Neil Patel: And I'm Neil Patel.
Eric Siu: And today we are going to talk about how to improve brand loyalty. So actually we just talked about this a second ago. I'll go with the Amazon example. Amazon for example, you think about their customer intracity everything they've done, let's say when they started Amazon Prime the whole two-day shipping thing. Investors were really scared, you're going to spend all this money on two-day shipping, and look at the giant that they've created now. So many people are Amazon Prime members. I've been a Prime member for God knows how long. And now they've bought Whole Foods and they're going to slash prices for Prime members, that's going to increase brand loyalty for me. I'm going to stay with Amazon for as long as it takes as long as they continue to be customer focused because of all the value that they bring to me, and it makes it easier for my life.
Neil Patel: The other thing that you can do is if you want to increase brand loyalty, is really go above and beyond and help your customers. The moment someone buys from you, if they have some support issues or they have some questions about the product or even if they buy some clothes for you and you're trying to help them figure out how to match it, help them out for free. When people post on social media and they tag you, make sure you respond and you help them out even if it's not related to your product or service. Or when people email your support team or they're there asking you guys questions, respond and do whatever you can to help them out. Because if you do that, they're much more likely to become very loyal customers.
Eric Siu: Yeah. As a services business I think what you can do to really take this even one level higher, I'll give you an example. For our marketing agency what we do sometimes is we get our clients and we put them on stage at different conferences and that helps build more loyalty because we're not just giving services anymore, we're actually providing additional value. What I also do when I visit is I will tend to get groups of entrepreneurs or marketers together, put them in a dinner and then get them to meet each other. There's no agenda, we're not trying to get business from you, we're not trying to hand out business cards, things like that. It's more relationship building than networking and that's how you build more loyalty because you're connecting people. You're known as the connector, you're giving them new opportunities. You're not just the vendor anymore. Think about it, especially if you're a service based business, that's how you build more loyalty. That's how you get more people to talk about you as well.
Neil Patel: In simplistic terms, just care about people. If you care about people your potential customers, your customers, whoever it may be, you'll have a strong brand loyalty in the long run.
Eric Siu: Final example just to touch on, and again think about Nordstrom, think about Amazon, think about all of these amazing experiences that you've had where they go above and beyond. Again Nordstrom they will take refunds, they treat you really well, they're services is really good too. I look at Nordstrom, I look at Amazon, I even look at Zappos as well, these are the companies that are doing it the right way and that's why people talk about them more. Before we go we have a 90 day free trial of Crazy Egg, which is worth up to $3,000 and your credit card is not needed. And this is available to each and every one of you. Just go to singlegreen.com/giveaway to learn more. And we will see you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This session Marketing School has come to a close. Be sure to subscribe for more daily marketing strategies and tactics to help you find the success you've always dreamed of. And don't forget to rate and review so we can continue to bring you the best daily content possible. We'll see you in class tomorrow, right here on Marketing School.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.