[LIMITED SPOTS] Want To Uncover Your True Potential and Achieve Financial Freedom? We invite you to join a FREE Masterclass with award-winning business leader, Eric Siu, where he shares his 5-Step Blueprint to Starting Your Dream Online Business That Gives You Freedom & Fulfillment.
Click Here To Reserve Your Spot Now.
In episode #814, Eric and Neil discuss what you could learn from Southwest Airlines. Tune in to hear which tactics you should rip from this company.
Eric and Neil have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Ugly Is the New Sexy: What You Can Learn From Southwest Airlines
- [00:50] Titles are key, which is why they titled this episode as such.
- [01:04] Neil tries to avoid Southwest, because he finds they are always delayed.
- [01:40] Eric’s last Southwest flight was delayed and problematic.
- [02:10] When Southwest first launched, they focused on serving three cities in Texas.
- [02:27] It took Southwest three years to get rolling and gain more customers. The first flights were sparsely populated.
- [02:44] The lesson here is to niche down at first.
- [02:54] Southwest has a hub and spoke model of business.
- [03:20] The airline does a lot of layovers, which allows them to ensure fuller flights and better prices.
- [04:15] You can either be efficient or offer exceptional service, but you can’t have both.
- [05:05] Southwest is not the best priced airline, but they have a “cool atmosphere” and free alcoholic beverages.
- [05:45] Optimize for efficiency, but allow for mistakes/refunds.
- [06:15] Think of your business as a funnel and check for leaks.
- [06:42] That’s it for today!
- [06:48] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post Ugly Is the New Sexy: What You Can Learn From Southwest Airlines | Ep. #814 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.