[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In episode #865, we discuss the one thing you have to do before you start doing SEO. Tune in to hear what your first step should be.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The One Thing You Have to Do Before You Start Doing SEO
- [00:36] Look up your competitors in Ahrefs or SEMRush.
- [00:44] These tools will show you their most popular pages, the terms for which those pages rank, their positions, and total traffic value.
- [01:02] This information will help you determine what you should target.
- [01:45] Once you find one competitor, you can find others using the above listed tools.
- [02:10] When you are looking at information on Ahrefs, you can see the content gap. The content gap is the content that your competitors are covering that you are not.
- [02:36] Use the Keyword Difficulty Tool to see how hard it would be to rank for a given topic.
- [02:50] BuzzSumo will give you an idea of competitors’ social shares.
- [03:10] That’s it for today!
- [03:25] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post The One Thing You Have to Do Before You Start Doing SEO | Ep. #865 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.