In episode 696, Eric and Neil discuss why Google and Facebook aren’t your only options. Tune in to figure out where else you can market yourself.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: The Internet Doesn’t Start and Stop With Facebook and Google
- [00:35] Facebook and Google are the two largest platforms out there.
- [01:05] There are still so many different advertising platforms you can use besides the top two.
- [01:20] Figure out where your audience is hanging out.
- [01:25] In general, you will make more money from Facebook and Google AdWords, because they scale more quickly.
- [01:35] However, other avenues can be nearly as successful.
- [01:46] The people who are doing the best right now, have teams who are reaching out to different outlets and working out custom partnerships.
- [02:00] These teams are cutting out the middle-man.
- [02:24] People are still using direct mail and it still works for certain targets.
- [03:13] Figure out who your audience is and how they would like to be targeted.
- [03:35] Pay-per-click ad costs go down when you simultaneously run ads on other outlets.
- [04:05] You need to keep your brand top-of-mind.
- [04:15] A midwestern businessman runs a billboard ad for a few months per year and it increases his business.
- [04:40] No one wants to do billboards anymore, but they still work!
- [05:00] Zappos advertised on the bins at airport security and it was genius.
- [05:07] That’s all for today!
- [05:11] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post The Internet Doesn’t Start and Stop With Facebook and Google | Ep. #696 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.