In Episode #326, Eric and Neil discuss how to use Facebook Audience Insights to create highly targeted ads. Tune in to learn how you make the most out of Facebook ads by using Audience Insights and why you have to dump your generic tags in Facebook ads.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Use Facebook Audience Insights to Create Highly Targeted Ads
- 00:41 – Go to your Facebook Ads Manager and look at your Audience Insights tab
- 01:06 – You can target specific people using the tab
- 01:37 – It will help you make better ads
- 01:48 – You’re wasting money if your ads are not targeted
- 01:56 – Focus on your ROI by creating a targeted niche segment
- 02:12 – Generic tags do not work
- 02:23 – You need to be specific with Facebook Ads
- 02:40 – You have to target people’s interests
- 03:08 – Eric pulled out his Audience Insights for his Growth Everywhere podcast and he can see that 68% of his audience are men and 32% are women
- 03:22 – It also shows different lifestyles, relationship statuses and levels of educational attainment
- 04:00 – Neil advises to be careful to not overanalyze the data
- 04:25 – Neil tested on Facebook that women convert more on ads than men
- 04:41 – Just don’t look at the data and make assumptions off of it
- 04:50 – Eric looks at Pages Like which is helpful, too
- 05:12 – There’s also a purchases section which shows your audience’s purchase behavior
- 05:40 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Audience Insights allows you to create a more targeted ad so you’re not letting your money go down the drain.
- Don’t over analyze the data you get and rely on what you see—do your research account for the results from your other tests.
- There are a lot of Facebook ad features that need to be leveraged; you can get your ROI back in no time.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.