[LIMITED SPOTS] Want To Uncover Your True Potential and Achieve Financial Freedom? We invite you to join a FREE Masterclass with award-winning business leader, Eric Siu, where he shares his 5-Step Blueprint to Starting Your Dream Online Business That Gives You Freedom & Fulfillment.
Click Here To Reserve Your Spot Now.
In Episode #471, Eric and Neil discuss five marketing books that’ll change your life. Tune in to find out which books are most influential in the industry and that will help you master the art of marketing!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] – Today’s topic: 5 Marketing Books That’ll Change Your Life
- 00:38 – Don’t Make Me Think discusses usability and how you can apply these strategies to your website
- 01:11 – Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini is about how you can persuade people to take action
- 01:48 – The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing breaks down laws you need to follow in the marketing space
- 02:04 – Content Inc has a lot of case studies for different types of content
- 02:30 – Ogilvy on Advertising should be read by anyone who’s going into marketing
- 02:50 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 02:57 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- [03:06] – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- You need to employ marketing strategies for your website—study and learn the tricks to ensure you’re optimizing for conversion.
- There are actual laws that you should be following in marketing.
- David Ogilvy, the father of marketing, is a genius when it comes to advertising and marketing.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post 5 Marketing Books That’ll Change Your Life | Ep. #471 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
Full Transcript of The Episode
Eric Siu: Welcome to another episode of Marketing School. I'm Eric Siu.
Neil Patel: I'm Neil Patel.
Eric Siu: Today, we're going to talk about five marketing books that will change your life starting with Neil.
Neil Patel: Sure. One of the marketing books I like, and it's kind of design-related, but I classify it as marketing, as well, because if usability isn't right, then you're not going to see as many conversions. It's Don't Make Me Think. It's a design book, and it talks all about usability. A lot of people with their websites and their marketing material, when they're putting stuff out, they make it so complicated, that no one's going to click in the right direction or go to the right pages, read the copy, and convert. People want to have all these aesthetics and these fancy website designs and these effects. Well, in many cases, they're hurting your conversion.
Eric Siu: Number two is Persuasion. This is by Robert Cialdini I believe, and it talks about the concept of how you can persuade people to take an action. There's a lot of different examples out there. Here's one for you. When you walk into a store, let's say you like a leather jacket, and it's $1,100. You talk to the sales rep. The sales rep's like, "No. It's not $1,100. It's actually $300 today." Seems a lot better, right? That's the concept of anchoring. That's how you get people to take an action. There's a lot of different case studies, examples in there. If you're into marketing, you are trying to get people to take an action, you are trying to get someone to do something. You're persuading. That's number two.
Neil Patel: Number three, The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing. It was the first marketing book that I've ever read. I love it, and it just breaks down laws that you need to follow if you're going to be in a marketing space and you want to end up generating more visitors, more sales. It breaks down what you should be doing and what you shouldn't be doing.
Eric Siu: Number four is Content Inc. Neil and I talk a lot about content marketing all the time. This is a book that has a bunch of case studies around content marketing, companies that succeed with it, how they go about doing it. Each and every company is different. At the end of the day, it's a completely different beast. It doesn't even matter if you're in the same industry. There's a lot of nuances, so you have to learn about content marketing that works for you. It's not about just going out there and publishing a bunch of blog posts and calling it a day.
Neil Patel: Ogilvy on Advertising. David Ogilvy is the father of advertising. You need to be reading this book. He did a lot of the stuff that you're seeing in the industries for advertising, from television to billboards to anything out there that's advertising-related. You should check out ... Actually, he has quite a bit of books, but you should check them all out.
Eric Siu: All right. That's it for today, but before we go, we have a 90-day free trial of Crazy Egg to give to you. That's a heat mapping tool to use to grow your business. All you need to do is go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to learn more, and you can also learn more about getting a one-year annual subscription to Crazy Egg. That's it for today. We'll see tomorrow.
Announcer: This session of Marketing School has come to a close. Be sure to subscribe for more daily marketing strategies and tactics to help you find the success you've always dreamed of, and don't forget to rate and review so we can continue to bring you the best daily content possible. We'll see you in class tomorrow right here on Marketing School.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.