In Episode #165, Eric and Neil discuss how they got their podcast to 1 million downloads in just 4 months. Starting a podcast requires a knowledge base. You need to know how to keep your listeners engaged! Tune in as Eric and Neil tell you just how you can rapidly grow those downloads with a few invaluable tips.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How We Got Our Podcast to One Million Downloads in Just 4 Months
- 01:05 – The first 3 years of “Growth Everywhere” were really tough
- 01:27 – Eric made a lot of mistakes at the start
- 01:33 – You have to be consistent with your podcast to hold your audience
- 02:10 – The people who produce the most amount of episodes, get the most number of listeners
- 02:30 – It’s not about producing really long episodes
- 02:44 – Neil shares the idea of “The Marketing School”
- 03:44 – “Information in, information out”—Eric wants valuable information that will make him ACT
- 04:28 – Eric shares his experience listening to Tim Ferris’ podcast
- 04:45 – Keep things concise and do it in a unique way
- 05:34 – Neil shares how email blasts helped them get more listeners
- 05:41 – Interview people in your podcast and promote it
- 06:50 – The guest should promote it, as well
- 07:20 – Batch your episodes
- 07:56 – There’s a team behind the podcast — from shownotes to audio editing — that make it work
- 08:30 – Doing everything on your own takes a lot of time
- 08:52 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Mistakes are an opportunity to hone your skills and should not be repeated.
- Be concise and consistent with your podcast—encourage your listeners to add your podcast release schedule to their calendars.
- Every podcast should have a production team behind it to save you time.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.