[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In Episode #165, Eric and Neil discuss how they got their podcast to 1 million downloads in just 4 months. Starting a podcast requires a knowledge base. You need to know how to keep your listeners engaged! Tune in as Eric and Neil tell you just how you can rapidly grow those downloads with a few invaluable tips.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How We Got Our Podcast to One Million Downloads in Just 4 Months
- 01:05 – The first 3 years of “Growth Everywhere” were really tough
- 01:27 – Eric made a lot of mistakes at the start
- 01:33 – You have to be consistent with your podcast to hold your audience
- 02:10 – The people who produce the most amount of episodes, get the most number of listeners
- 02:30 – It’s not about producing really long episodes
- 02:44 – Neil shares the idea of “The Marketing School”
- 03:44 – “Information in, information out”—Eric wants valuable information that will make him ACT
- 04:28 – Eric shares his experience listening to Tim Ferris’ podcast
- 04:45 – Keep things concise and do it in a unique way
- 05:34 – Neil shares how email blasts helped them get more listeners
- 05:41 – Interview people in your podcast and promote it
- 06:50 – The guest should promote it, as well
- 07:20 – Batch your episodes
- 07:56 – There’s a team behind the podcast — from shownotes to audio editing — that make it work
- 08:30 – Doing everything on your own takes a lot of time
- 08:52 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Mistakes are an opportunity to hone your skills and should not be repeated.
- Be concise and consistent with your podcast—encourage your listeners to add your podcast release schedule to their calendars.
- Every podcast should have a production team behind it to save you time.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.