[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In Episode #55 Neil and Eric discuss tried and true strategies for making the most of a website that is no longer in use. Listen as they talk 301 re-directs, domain name investments, scrappy partnerships, and more.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – Today’s topic: What Should You Do with a Website that Is No Longer in Use?
- 00:35 – Neil usually does a 301 redirect to another digital property, or sells the domain
- 00:50 – Check out flippa to sell
- 01:09 – Rent the website as well
- 01:29 – Empire Flippers and FEinternational.com
- 01:58 – Eric just acquired another gun blog
- 02:10 – Used a 301 to drive that blog to his site
- 02:38 – 301 redirect EACH page and renew the domain for a very long time
- 03:10 – Redirect no less than the Top 25 pages driving traffic
- 03:35 – See what competitors are doing to make money
- 04:00 – If you drive the same amount of traffic, why aren’t you making the same amount of money?
- 04:20 – Finding website brokers
- 04:35 – Owning a premium domain name is a GREAT way to make money
- 05:03 – Why aren’t you doing anything with your site?
- 05:39 – Don’t be afraid to partner with someone who’s scrappier and hungrier than you
3 Key Points:
- Take advantage of 301 redirects.
- If you’re thinking about terminating your website, ask yourself WHY before doing so and evaluate the alternative options.
- Always hold on to a premium domain—that’s a digital real estate investment.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.