[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In Episode #285, Eric and Neil discuss how to differentiate your product or service in a highly competitive market. Tune in to find out the 2 main strategies that will set you apart from the rest and the importance of having a product that is user-friendly.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Differentiate Your Product or Service in a Highly Competitive Market
- 00:40 – Eric’s agency charges more than their competitors but there’s a reason for that
- 00:50 – Other agencies charge less and will hand your account to juniors who don’t know what they’re doing and are still figuring things out
- 01:11 – You end up losing money
- 01:22 – All of Eric’s people who work with an account have a couple of years’ experience
- 01:29 – Eric gives access to 3 channels: AdWords and Facebook are two of the channels
- 01:37 – Eric himself strategizes for the accounts
- 01:43 – Eric’s agency is different because they bring new ideas
- 02:04 – Two main strategies of Neil’s are creating a unique angle and adjusting your messaging
- 02:10 – For creating a unique angle, you choose between Neil’s agency and a big marketing agency who usually hires new graduates
- 02:46 – Do you want to trust your account with a new graduate or with a small boutique agency where you can work directly with the owner
- 03:35 – Figuring out a specific angle is the “easiest way to differentiate”
- 03:45 – You don’t always have to differentiate by changing your product, it’s just about how you pitch it to the consumers
- 04:06 – AirBnb gives you the opportunity to make money from your home versus HomeAway’s vacation rentals
- 04:54 – How would you differentiate a product?
- 05:35 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year annual subscription to Mixmax, a sales and marketing tool
- 05:52 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 05:57 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 06:19 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Offer your service in the way you’d use it yourself.
- Adjust your pitch to your consumers so that it is appealing and comprehensible.
- Try to create a better product than your competitors by making your product user-friendly.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.