Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #297, Eric and Neil discuss what to look for in a CV as a recruiter for a marketing role. Tune in to learn why you shouldn’t be looking at CVs if you want to hire the crème of the crop and how LinkedIn, portfolios, and a good old-fashioned interview can be a better way to gauge the quality of your next hire.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: What to Look For in a CV as a Recruiter for a Marketing Role
- 00:48 – Looking at certain keywords on a CV depends on the role one is applying for
- 01:03 – Eric usually just scans the CV and pays more attention to their LinkedIn, social profiles and the examples that they have sent
- 01:21 – Neil doesn’t look at CVs at all; instead, he asks them about the work that they have done and checks and analyzes them
- 01:39 – If the portfolio is good, you can ask them a marketing problem and if you like their answers, go from there
- 01:54 – “It’s all about the hiring process, at the end of the day”
- 02:07 – The best people typically aren’t looking for job so you have to check them on LinkedIn
- 02:15 – The best people that Eric has hired was from looking at their LinkedIn profiles and other online work
- 02:23 – CVs are outdated
- 02:34 – You have to laser target the best people and hire a recruiter, if needed
- 02:51 – Your next hire might just be standing next to you, so always be on the lookout
- 03:00 – Neil likes to figure out people’s thought processes and how they think about things
- 03:18 – You can search for critical thinking questions, ask them and you’ll quickly know how they think
- 03:46 – If they don’t pay much attention to details, they can take your revenue down
- 04:02 – You want to have people who think outside of the box
- 04:22 – Eric and Neil don’t really look at CVs but if you have to, look for specific keywords
- 04:37 – Don’t blame people that you hired because it comes back to you and your process
- 04:46 – Marketing School is giving away a free subscription to FunnelDash which helps you track the lifetime ROI of your Facebook campaigns
- 05:06 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 05:10 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 05:32 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- CVs are outdated – employers are looking online to assess one’s previous work and capabilities.
- The best people are not looking for job, so if you want to hire someone, you have to target them.
- Don’t blame the people that you hired when things go wrong because it comes back to you and your hiring process.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.