Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #462, Eric and Neil discuss 7 marketing tools you should be checking weekly. Check your ranking, keep track of HIT keywords, and know what your competition is up to so that you can stay ahead of the game!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] – Today’s topic: 7 Marketing Tools You Should Be Checking Weekly
- 00:32 – One is Google Analytics
- 00:43 – Two is SEMrush to track your competitors
- 00:56 – Three is AuthorityLabs which shows new keyword opportunities and great keywords you should be tracking
- 01:16 – Four is Ahrefs so you can identify the spammy sites
- 01:34 – Five is Google Trends which shows how you are trending over time
- 01:44 – Six is VaultPress which shows security issues
- 02:00 – Last is Google Search Console
- 02:26 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 02:36 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- [02:40] – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Utilize tools to help you keep up to date on your website’s performance.
- Check your competitor’s performance so you keep yourself aware of their latest updates.
- Consistently tracking your metrics will make it easier for you to make the right adjustments for your website.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
The post 7 Marketing Tools You Should Be Checking Weekly | Ep. #462 appeared first on Marketing School Podcast.
Full Transcript of The Episode
Eric Siu: Welcome to another episode of Marketing School. I'm Eric Siu.
Neil Patel: And I'm Neil Patel.
Eric Siu: Today, we are going to talk about seven marketing tools that you should be checking weekly. Number one, Google Analytics. Guess what? It's free. Look at it. There's a lot of data. There's a lot of insights in there that you can pull, and there's so much more that we've talked about around Google Analytics. Go listen to past episodes.
Neil Patel: Yeah. Number two, SEMrush. With SEMrush, you can see everything your competitors are doing from new pay per click keywords that they're bidding on to new traffic terms that they're ranking for, right? It's a great way to continually spy on your competitors and see what's happening.
Eric Siu: Number three. If you care about SEO like we both do, well what I do is I also look at Authority Labs. Authority Labs shows me new keyword opportunities that I should be tracking. It also shows me the important keywords that I track over time as well. For example, we rank for ad networks. I want to track that over time, because that's a good related keyword that I want to be looking at over time. I look at Authority Labs.
Neil Patel: Number four, [Atrifs 00:01:17]. Atrifs shows you a link count, if it's growing, if it's decreasing. The main reason I love looking at Atrifs on a weekly basis is it shows me if people are trying to bomb one of my sites or if someone's sites ... Let's say if someone's trying to spam you with Viagra anchor text. You'll be able to see it within Atrifs.
Eric Siu: Number five is Google Trends. It's important to measure your brand. Neil has talked about this in the past. It is important to look at brand queries, so look at your Google Trends. Look at how you're trending over time. If you're trending downwards, you probably need to do something.
Neil Patel: Number six, VaultPress. The reason I love looking at VaultPress is one security issue, your site can go down. You're not going to rank for anything, because Google doesn't want to rank hacked sites. VaultPress shows me security issues before I get hacked.
Eric Siu: All right, number seven. Did we talk about Google Search Console?
Neil Patel: No.
Eric Siu: No, we didn't. Okay, Google Search Console. There you go. That's a layup. All right, Google Search Console. Obviously Neil and I care a lot about SEO. We look at Google Search Console, see if there's any indexation issues on the site, any meta and title descriptions that we should be changing for specific pages. There's a lot in there that you can take a look at. I open up Google Search Console, and then Neil and I talked about cross-referencing that with other analytics tools as well.
That's seven tools for you, but I have another tool to give away. That's a 90 day free trial to Crazy Egg. If you want to get in, guess what? There is no credit card. This is available for every single one of you, and it's worth up to $3,000. If you want to learn more, just go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway and we'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This session of Marketing School has come to a close. Be sure to subscribe for more daily marketing strategies and tactics to help you find the success you've always dreamed of. Don't forget to rate and review, so we can continue to bring you the best daily content possible. We'll see you in class tomorrow right here on Marketing School.
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.