Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
This post originally appeared on Growth Everywhere, a marketing and business growth blog.
Hey everyone, happy Friday! Here are my five favorite marketing articles from this week. Enjoy!
- How CRO Experts Build and Maintain Testing Roadmaps – Marketers know that all things marketing do much better when you have a very strategic approach, rather than merely relying on chance. When it comes to creating a a process for conversion optimization, this is especially true. Different experts will have different strategies, and this great ConversionXL article describes several so that you can take what you like and build your own conversion optimization roadmap.
- 0 to $640M: Non-obvious Lessons Learned at BrightRoll – Entrepreneur Tod Sacerdoti recently gave a talk about the seven lessons he learned from founding, building and then selling BrightRoll (a unified programmatic video advertising platform) to Yahoo for $640M. This post details those not-so-obvious lessons in order to inspire other entrepreneurs and founders.
- What’s Next for Tech and Media in 2017 – This Wall Street Journal article (actually a 177-slide presentation) claims that 2017 will be harder for advertising-supported content companies while enriching digital gatekeepers such as Alphabet Inc.’s Google, Facebook Inc., Apple Inc., Amazon.com Inc., and Microsoft Corp. Two trends they mention are, “Internet giants, armed with a new breed of chatbots, are stepping up a war over messaging services that increasingly hold the key to controlling customer relationships” and “These technology trendsetters are missing a chance to tailor services to a large audience of low-income people or those in unconventional households.”
- The 2017 Content Marketing Framework: 5 Building Blocks for Profitable, Scalable Operations – When it comes to content marketing, Content Marketing Institute knows a thing or two. This post was written in response to a comment made to the CMI author: “The thing that I’m missing is how we’re ever going to draw a line from content marketing to top-line revenue. If I can’t do that, then I’m not sure we actually should do content marketing.” His response was: “It’s absolutely possible to draw a line to revenue.” This post outlines how.
- SEO Title Tag Optimization at Etsy: Experiment Design and Causal Inference – A major source of traffic for Etsy are search engines, like Google, especially for longer-tail, harder to find items. It makes sense, then, that SEO is really important for them. So they designed a framework that allows them to test their SEO performance, and this post explains the methodology behind it, the challenges they came across, and how they resolved them. Good stuff!
In case you missed it:
Latest blogs from Growth Everywhere:
- GE 174: SEO Expert Glen Allsopp Talks About How Your Brand Can Still Win at SEO Today (podcast) – Interview with SEO expert Glen Allsopp of ViperChill: how he transformed his business with zero clients into a success with over 300 clients.
- 5 Steps to Becoming an Expert Content Creator (According to Google's Phantom Update) – Google looks at “expert” credentials, so becoming an expert content creator according to Google's Phantom update is critical to your content's success.
Latest blogs from Single Grain:
- 5 Important Landing Page Elements You Should Be A/B Testing – Your landing page is the key to converting web traffic into qualified leads. Here are the 5 most important elements you should be A/B testing.
- 7 SEO Tools for Better YouTube Marketing – When it comes to video SEO for YouTube marketing, there many great tools to make finding new keywords to rank for a lot easier. Here are 7 of the best.