In Episode #207, Eric and Neil discuss how you can build a sellable website. Tune in to learn how to create a sellable website, why you should think long-term in regards to what you build, and how to choose a niche big enough to leave room for growth.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Build a Sellable Website
- 00:35 – “Don’t think about trying to make a cookbook and sell it off the bat”
- 00:41 – Create value
- 00:53 – Check FEInternational for resources on how to value your website
- 01:06 – Look for something with repeatable and scalable traffic sources
- 01:32 – Check acquisitions, all your traffic, and your channels
- 01:45 – Make sure your website has clean code
- 01:52 – Neil doesn’t buy websites with messy code
- 02:25 – Have a clean layout and design
- 02:35 – “Nicely designed websites convert better”
- 02:55 – Have a clean backlink profile
- 03:34 – Think long-term
- 03:45 – Don’t do shady stuff or use shady content
- 04:20 – Doing unethical things will it make it more difficult to sell your website
- 04:38 – Stability of income
- 04:45 – People check your website if there’s a potential for growth
- 05:30 – Make sure you have a big enough market for your website
- 05:48 – Don’t pick a niche that is too small, making you dominant, but not profitable
- 06:28 – Check FEInternational on how they value websites
- 06:55 – Flippa and Empire Flipper
- 07:10 – Put a process in place
- 07:47 – Sweet Process can help you document your process
- 08:00 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Create a website that is valuable and nicely designed.
- Be in a larger niche—there’s more room for growth and increase of sales.
- Document your process making it easier for future buyers to work around your website.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.