In Episode #304, Eric and Neil discuss where you can hire great writers. Tune in to learn how you can easily find great writers in your space and why hiring a full-time writer may work as a disadvantage to you.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Where Can You Hire Great Writers?
- 00:46 – Eric and Neil both use Problogger religiously for finding their writers
- 01:05 – It’s cheap to put a job posting and there’s a lot of great people you can meet there
- 01:12 – Neil checks his competitors’ blogs and reaches out to some of the writers
- 01:22 – They usually accept any writing gig
- 01:30 – Don’t hire full-time writers because the ROI isn’t there
- 01:37 – People get burned out, so find someone who will write for you just a couple of times a week
- 01:51 – Find the most popular writers in your space based on comments and social shares
- 01:56 – Social shares mean they’re driving traffic and comments mean they’re engaging the audience
- 02:07 – If you’re doing audio and video podcast, go to Rev and have them transcribe podcast episodes
- 02:55 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription of Sniply which allows you to overlay CTA or forms over social links that you’re sharing
- 03:07 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 03:12 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 03:33 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Problogger is a great place to find your next writer.
- Find great writers in your space based on how many social shares and comments they receive, then offer them something reasonable.
- Transcribing your audio and video creates another way for your audience to engage with your content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.