Want To Uncover Your True Potential and Achieve Financial Freedom? We invite you to join a free Masterclass with award-winning business leader, Eric Siu, where he shares his 5-Step Blueprint to Starting Your Dream Online Business That Gives You Freedom & Fulfillment. Click Here To Reserve Your Spot Now.
In Episode #330, Eric and Neil discuss when you should be upgrading, consolidating or deleting your content. Tune in to learn how updating your content can increase your traffic significantly, what’s worth deleting, and the benefit of consolidating similar articles of content.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: When You Should Be Upgrading, Consolidating or Deleting Your Content
- 00:43 – Neil doesn’t delete that much content
- 00:45 – Neil did this with Crazy Egg’s content that was over one year old and had less than a hundred visitors
- 00:59 – Neil didn’t really delete the content, he just unpublished the articles on WordPress
- 01:09 – The traffic didn’t go up or down
- 01:21 – Over time, content will get more traffic or less traffic
- 01:41 – If the content continues to go up, there’s no modification needed
- 01:44 – When the content goes down, they modify it from the metrics in Google Analytics
- 02:17 – Neil just updates his content
- 02:30 – Eric sees a 30% increase in updated content
- 02:37 – Eric will only delete content that is completely irrelevant or outdated
- 02:58 – Check out an episode from Pat Flynn’s podcast
- 03:34 – Eric consolidates content that are almost the same and that are competing in rank
- 03:48 – Hub and Spoke marketing
- 04:09 – Neil is getting 30-60% when he updates his content
- 04:40 – Update the posts that are generating traffic already
- 04:49 – Neil sorts their content through Google Search Console by the most popular and updates them
- 04:58 – Wikipedia’s content is always updated
- 05:17 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Updating content that is already getting traffic can further increase your traffic.
- Consolidate the content that is very similar—this is the best thing to do so that they don’t compete for rank which using the same keywords.
- You don’t have to delete content; they may be of use someday.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.