In Episode #241, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 keys to becoming a successful blogger. They discuss Chris Coyier and Chalene Johnson—some of the most successful in this space—to see what makes their content stand apart. Tune in to find out practical tips and tools you can implement, today, that will take your blog to the next level.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Keys to Becoming a Successful Blogger
- 00:34 – Key #1: Consistency
- 00:39 – Chris Coyier from CSS-Tricks gets over 7 million visits per month—How did he get there?
- 01:05 – The key to success is consistency which maintains that high level of engagement
- 01:21 – Key #2: Stay ahead of the curve
- 01:42 – Don’t just match your competition — outshine the competition
- 02:07 – “Go above and beyond to succeed”
- 02:12 – Key #3: Promote your content
- 03:03 – Key #4: Do NOT rewrite your content over and over again
- 03:20 – What will happen is one will rank well while the others won’t
- 03:45 – Key #5: Repurpose your content
- 04:45 – Key #6: Don’t be afraid to be the first mover
- 05:00 – Eventually your topic will gain popularity and you will do well
- 05:10 – Even with greater authority as a writer, it’s still hard to overtake those who have put the content out there faster
- 05:30 – Key #7: It is all about the process—How are you going to scale it out?
- 06:17 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t just match your competitors graphic to graphic or blog post to blog post—outshine the competition with what you offer.
- Promoting your content means building relationships with viewers and other bloggers who share your space.
- Set up your processes as you grow—it’s your vision, after all is said and done.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.