Want to grow your organic traffic by 20-100%? We built ClickFlow, a suite of SEO tools designed to increase your organic rankings and scale qualified traffic for your website. Click here to learn more and get started.
In Episode #300, Eric and Neil discuss marketing tactics that they still use today. Tune in to learn how content marketing has shifted and how Eric and Neil have grown from making simple blog posts to a whole host of different platforms to share their content.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Marketing Tactics that Neil & Eric Still Use Today
- 01:11 – Neil noticed that over the years, content marketing has shifted
- 01:45 – You now have to be everywhere
- 02:10 – What’s going on with your email, podcast, webinar and blog is all considered content
- 02:20 – Gary V has been doing great with content marketing
- 02:23 – He has a videographer who documents Gary V’s everyday life
- 02:35 – Content marketing still feeds into a different marketing stream
- 03:00 – Build something long-term by taking advantage of what’s available to you as a business
- 03:17 – Eric and Neil both look at things holistically
- 03:25 – Neil started with an agency website and he created a tool for how to do marketing better
- 03:38 – Neil didn’t have much money back then so he just bought a script with the analyzer formula that you can just upload to your server
- 03:50 – Neil still has an analyzer formula but this time, it’s a customized one
- 04:11 – When you’re producing content, you have to figure out the foundation piece of the content
- 04:25 – You can start with a blog post first, which you produce daily or weekly, then have something for monthly, then quarterly
- 04:50 – Eric has a PDF study where they examine 1M backlinks
- 05:09 – The foundation for everything is content
- 05:26 – Neil and Eric are doing daily podcasts which they produce in batches
- 05:34 – Neil records 15-16 videos a day; it takes Neil 3 hours and the team a lot of time
- 05:45 – The goal of the video is to release once a day and it works
- 05:56 – Eric suggests checking Episode 296
- 06:12 – If you’re not doing content now, you’re already behind
- 06:20 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription of Zapier which helps you set-up workflows without coding
- 06:55 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 06:59 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 07:20 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Build something long-term by taking advantage of what’s available to you as a business.
- The foundation for everything is content—if you haven’t started creating content yet, start doing it now.
- Everyone is pursuing different content marketing streams.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.