[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
In Episode #157, Eric and Neil discuss whether guest posting is irrelevant or still effective. Guest posting today works differently than it did before – its main ROI is not to build links, but to deliver value and drive those leads. Listen as Neil and Eric discuss how to best utilize guest posting for your marketing needs.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: Is Guest Posting Still Worth It?
- 00:44 – Guest posting is posting on other websites for link building purposes
- 01:30 – It’s still worth it
- 01:48 – Before, guest posters get author accounts
- 02:00 – Now, if you’re given an author account, it will be in a sub-page without indexes
- 02:32 – DON’T waste your time guest posting for links anymore
- 02:41 – Focus on guest posting to drive leads
- 03:13 – Neil talks about his friend, Jason, who specializes in guest posting
- 03:57 – You will see little to no results on your first 6 months of guest posting
- 04:00 – It takes a year to get traction
- 04:29 – Eric shares an article he wrote about YouTube advertising
- 05:33 – Guest posting has it’s ROIs
- 05:53 – Focus on delivering value
- 06:19 – Yields from guest posting will definitely take time
- 06:41 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Guest posting is STILL relevant as a marketing tool.
- Do NOT focus on link building – it’s about driving those leads.
- Make sure you are delivering VALUE in your posts.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.