In Episode #212, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 ideal tasks to give your new marketing intern. Tune in and take note of how to maximize your intern’s time. These specific tasks will contribute to your company’s growth and improve your processes.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Ideal Tasks to Give Your New Marketing Intern
- 00:35 – First task is to list out all your competitors and track their growth and activities using a spreadsheet on a daily and weekly basis
- 01:11 – You can check how your activities are comparing with your competitors
- 01:25 – The diminishing return explained
- 01:46 – Have an on-going link building process
- 02:30 – Your intern should focus on social media and respond to anyone who is upset in your space
- 02:45 – They don’t have to be necessarily picking on your product
- 02:50 – Helping out will build trust and royalty
- 02:57 – Do reporting
- 03:00 – Manual reporting is still a good way to do it
- 03:12 – Use Screenflow for screencasting to make records
- 03:38 – “Each week, have your intern talk to customers who signed up and 5 people who didn’t sign up”
- 03:54 – Keep in touch with those people and understand their user experience
- 04:10 – Make your intern boost Facebook posts or run basic ads using Facebook and Google
- 04:40 – Have your intern monitor Ahrefs for bad links
- 04:48 – The intern should update your bad links on a daily basis
- 05:17 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Having the right tasks to assign your intern will make their stay in the company worthwhile.
- Your intern should focus on building your online presence—this can include reaching out to customers and being more engaged online.
- Make your intern track growth and activities on a daily basis to see how you’re measuring up.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.