Want to learn the secrets of the world's best marketers in just 5 minutes a day? Sign up for a free 14 day trial of Marketing School Pro to access exclusive content, actionable advice, and a private community that will make you smarter! Click here to learn more.
In Episode #333, Eric and Neil discuss how to create a target prospect list. Tune in to learn how a target prospect list is different from a simple prospect list. You’ll also see how a more targeted list creates a greater chance of conversion and stronger customer retention rate.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Create a Target Prospect List
- 00:57 – Find That Email helps you find email addresses
- 01:10 – Eric uses this for their prospect list for SEO purposes
- 01:20 – If you’re in the B2B space, you can generate inbound leads through SEO and content marketing, but the leads aren’t always targeted
- 01:46 – If you have a target prospect list, your marketing team can go after them and hit all the relevant leads
- 02:05 – To get relevant leads, look at your competitor’s customers
- 02:10 – You can go to Upwork and hire someone to check who’s using your competitor’s product and create a list for you
- 02:36 – Once you have the list, marketing should send them the emails
- 02:45 – Create ad campaigns on LinkedIn targeting specific companies or people
- 02:52 – Uploading an email list and doing targeted ads on Facebook is also an option
- 03:00 – Having a targeted list lowers the cost of your ad expenses because with just 1 closed deal, your ROI is high
- 03:23 – It takes time to get into the mind of the consumers and you have to show them your product consistently before they convert
- 03:47 – JustReachOut is good for finding the right journalist that you’re looking for
- 04:36 – Datanyze will show you everyone who’s using your competition’s product
- 04:50 – You can enrich the leads who opt-in on your email and reach out to them based on the technology they’re using on the website
- 05:15 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- The chances of closing a deal is higher with a target prospect list.
- Customer conversion takes time—you have to be consistently on the top of people’s minds.
- Reach out to your target prospect list on every platform or channel.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
We help great companies grow their revenuesGet Your Free Marketing Consultation
Check Your Growth Score!
Type your domain below and see a report about your website.